Asus has always been a game-centric company with its newest gaming PCs and smartphones. Asus isn’t new to experimenting and bringing out gadgets with their own twist. It’s no different with Asus ROG Flow Z13.
The word about a gaming PC-Tablet has been on the air for a long but nobody really worked on it, until now. But like everything, it has its own assortment of pros and cons.
One can see a lot of similarities with Microsoft detachable, the surface pro product line, but more gameable.
Some of its strikingly similar features are – a 13.4” full HD display, 120Hz refresh rate, a good kickstand at the back, a magnetic strip for easier attachability and detachability of the keyboard and a removable keyboard cover.
Asus ROG Flow Z13 hides a micro SD card slot and a detachable M.2 cover behind its kickstand, just like its inspirer – Surface Pro.
It also comes with an 8-megapixel camera, which is not of the best quality but the rear camera kind of makes up for it. The device comes along with a protective seal, hiding a USB-C and a few other ports.
1. It comes with an outstanding design, and two in one capability of a gaming tablet which changes into a laptop with a magnetic keyboard.
2. Asus ROG Flow Z13 comes with superior performance with its 12Gen Intel Core i9-12900H CPU. It comes with an integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics which in turn comes in the ultraportable tablet combined with impressive advantages of PC gaming.
3. Elegant Display with 16:10 aspect ratio, FHD+ 120Hz, cent per cent GRB colour gamut, Adaptive sync support and so much more.
4. This Gaming tablet comes with amazing gameplay fluidity along with simple interaction accompanied by a touchscreen and stylus.
5. Flow Z13 comes with enhanced audio quality with two smart amp speakers which have high-resolution Dolby atmos compatibility who in turn provides excellent stereo sound.
6. This laptop has incorporated liquid metal, vapour cooling chamber and 0db ambient cooling which result in a very quiet device which is a good feature for a gaming device which is known to be usually loud.
-When used as a tablet, it can come off as a little heavier than a post because everything has been crammed into it. When using it as a laptop, it feels very top-heavy which might be a problem for many.
-The battery has a lot of room for improvement when compared with other gaming laptops/tablets. it needs charging every few hours and that’s a big con.
-It has an impractical design and the back camera leaves a lot more to be desired with its quality.
-It’s a very expensive gaming device retailing for $1,799.00 – $1,899.00 (Rs 1,43,674 – Rs1,51,660) which is not worth it because they are much better gaming sets out there for cheaper prices.
-There are no replacement keyboard covers found on the market.
-That device is too bulky and not easy to carry because of how heavy it is. It’s too gaming-focused and it is not a convenient two-in-one laptop where one can do some office work and then squeeze in some gaming from the same device.
All in all Asus ROG Flow Z13 is a good Laptop – Tablet two in one but it’s nothing over the top. It’s on the expensive side of gaming devices with not so much substance to it.
Unless you’re pocket heavy or desperately need a two-in-one, is recommended to go for something a little more inclusive.
For more such updates, keep reading techinnews