The app economy set records across the board in 2017, and that explosive growth was especially true at the end of the year as users rushed to the holiday season – fueling peak interest in Shopping, Entertainment and other apps. In fact, in Q4 2017, people downloaded more apps than ever before at nearly 27 billion across iOS and Google Play worldwide, a growth of 7% year over year. Furthermore, apps are delivering more value to users than ever before as consumer spend across iOS and Google Play reached new heights surpassing $17 billion worldwide in Q4 2017, 20% growth year over year.
Download and read the full report for:
• Rankings: See the year’s top apps across markets and categories
• Crypto: What we can learn about the rise of cryptocurrency through apps
• Video Streaming: How consumer spend is exploding in video streaming apps
• China: The staggering growth of the app economy in China
• Ride-Sharing: Local variations within the extremely competitive ride-sharing space