IaaS was once beyond the comfort zone of many IT leaders, but finally, many enterprises are now beginning to embrace it—migrating workloads to the cloud and retiring the on-premises architectures they once thought indispensable. But despite the improved performance, agility, and opportunity for innovation extolled by experienced users, some businesses still find their migration efforts thwarted by fear of change.
• Three in four will have infrastructure in the cloud within three years
• Six in ten believe IaaS makes it easier for businesses to innovate
• Half of organizations say IaaS boosts key performance metrics
• One in two say misconceptions around IaaS have been a strong barrier to adoption
• Longer-term users more likely to see benefits and play down challenges