A blue tick on your profile page on Instagram signifies that your account is genuine and that you are a well-known character on the network. Acquiring a blue tick on Instagram is now easier than at any point using Meta Verified. You may sign up for a monthly membership plan, which puts a blue checkmark next to your username on the site. Traditional verification methods are also available to influencers, producers, and corporations. If you want to acquire a blue tick or verified badge on Instagram in 2023, here’s a guide.
How to Get Instagram Verified
There are two different ways to obtain an Instagram verification badge. One method is to attract media attention through major magazines, while the other is to pay a monthly subscription fee.
By seeking verification
Here’s how to seek a blue tick on Instagram through a verification request, step by step:
- First, launch Instagram on your Android or iPhone.
- From the bottom tab, select your profile symbol.
- Now, from the top right corner, pick the ‘hamburger menu’ and then press ‘Settings and privacy’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Account type and tools’ section.
- Select ‘Request verification’ here.
- Fill out the form with your personal information and links to stories that portray you as a prominent character. You may also provide links to your other social media accounts.
- When finished, click ‘Submit’ and your request will be processed.
Please keep in mind that Instagram does not accept sponsored or paid media content as sources for considering your blue tick application. Also, keep in mind that you will be unable to modify your username after your account has been authenticated.
By becoming a Meta Verified subscriber
Aside from the verification technique, you may obtain a blue tick on Instagram through Meta verified, a premium subscription service. Here’s how it’s done:
- Launch Instagram on your Android or iPhone smartphone.
- From the bottom tab, tap on the profile symbol.
- Click the ‘hamburger menu’ button in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Meta Verified’ from the drop-down menu.
- If it reads ‘Join the waiting list’ at the top, that implies Meta Verified isn’t yet enabled for your account.
- If the following screen displays a ‘Subscribe’ option, you’re set to go and can earn a blue tick by submitting identity evidence and making the money.
- If you want to subscribe, click the ‘Pay now’ option on the following screen, and you will be asked to pay Rs 699 per month for Android and iPhone.
Once you’ve completed the payment, Instagram will request your identification verification, which you may provide by presenting a government ID such as an Aadhaar card, driving licence, or similar. It will also request a selfie video to confirm your identity.
Because it is a subscription, you will be charged monthly. If you want to stop receiving the verification badge, make sure you cancel the subscription using the Play Store or App Store settings.
It is vital to note that the Meta verified approach for Instagram blue tick does not need the submission of published article links or any other content. If your IG account was just created, you may not be able to subscribe to Meta Verified straight soon. In such instances, it will ask you to join the queue and alert you when the option becomes available for your account.
Furthermore, Meta Verified membership is only accessible for personal Instagram accounts and those above the age of 18. The service may be extended to corporate and professional accounts in the future.
How to Get Threads Verified
Once logged in with the same IG account, profiles having a verified badge on Instagram will instantly receive the blue tick on Threads. This is due to the fact that when you install the app and create a profile, your Threads account is instantly linked with Instagram.
Threads is an Instagram-launched Twitter replacement that lets users to publish text-based material and presently has over 100 million members.
Things to consider when applying for Instagram verification
If you want to be verified and have a blue tick on your Instagram profile, make sure to follow the best practices so that your application is accepted when you submit it the traditional and original way.
Obtain media coverage – In order for Instagram to perceive you as a public person, you must have your name cited in multiple famous newspapers in your sector or area. If you are an influencer, creative, or professional with a huge following, you may approach media and publication companies to do an interview or publish a news item highlighting your accomplishments. The basic line is that this is done to raise awareness of you outside of Instagram, which will undoubtedly aid in the processing of your blue tick application.
Be active on Instagram on a regular basis – Another factor to consider when applying for a verification badge is that you are active on Instagram by consistently submitting posts, reels, and stories. You may also interact with your audience by responding to their comments and direct messages. Unless you’re a well-known individual outside of Instagram, Instagram is more likely to provide a verification badge to people who is active on their platform rather than an account that seldom uses the programme.
Have a reasonable following base – While having a high number of followers is not required to acquire a blue tick on Instagram, it is advisable to be cautious. You may get followers by publishing fascinating and relatable information on a regular basis.
Optimise your profile by including a decent bio that clearly and exactly states what your Instagram profile is about. Aside from that, post a high-quality profile image.
For more such updates, keep reading techinnews