Unlike any other industry, utilities are under intense environmental and regulatory pressure. They are required to:
● Curb greenhouse gas emissions;
● Manage risk within volatile energy commodities markets;
● Increase efficiency through grid optimisation;
● Increase the supply of renewable and distributed power generation and storage; and
● Implement advanced metering infrastructure that returns value to all stakeholders.
The key challenge is to supply these resources at the lowest cost.
This whitepaper examines the new challenges affecting forecasters, and shares data-driven solutions to overcome them. You will gain insights on smart grid data solutions that can maximise the value of your forecasting, including:
● How to develop new models when historical forecasting models lose relevance;
● How to determine which factors are driving energy load; and
● How to gauge the impact of weather across your utility’s entire territory.