From time to time, we hear of accounts being hacked or misused by someone else. Instagram has also become a lucrative phishing scam platform for many people. With over 500 million active users, it has also become an easy exploit method for hackers around the world. If your Instagram account was recently hacked or you lost control of the app, then in this article we will take a look at some ways to recover your Instagram account. Next, we will also tell you some ways to keep your Instagram account safe.
How to recover Instagram account from login link
- On the login screen, click on help logging in (Android) or Forget Password to log in
- Enter the username, email address or phone number linked to your Instagram account
- Tap on multiple option
- Select your email address or phone number
- Next, tap on send login link option
- You will get a login link for your email id or phone number
- Click on the login link in your email or SMS and follow the on-screen steps
Keep these things in mind so that the account is not hacked
- Always use two-factor authentication
Two-Factor Authentication or 2FA is an additional privacy feature that helps you protect your Instagram account and your password. If you set up two-factor authentication, you will receive an SMS after entering your password. You will be logged into your Instagram account only by entering the login code.
- Change password every six months
While this may seem like a very basic way to keep your account secure, we often forget to change the password as it is an extra thing to remember next time. However, it’s a much easier way to keep an account secure, and with a mix of alphanumeric words and special characters in passwords, your account will be less likely to be hacked.
- Verify your phone number and email address in Account Settings
If you haven’t already, verify your phone number and email address and link them to your account. In case anything goes wrong in future, your mail address and linked phone number will come to your rescue.