Connected devices are the heart of the Internet of Things (IoT). Without those devices or the connectivity that brings them to life, the IoT simply wouldn’t exist. Gartner Research estimates that there are currently 6.4 billion connected devices in use and projects that the number will balloon to 20.8 billion by 2020.
In a guide from O’Reilly Media, you’ll understand the requirements needed to connect networked devices – from prototyping to scaling IoT for the enterprise. Download the guide and you’ll learn:
• The unique security challenge for connected devices in the IoT
• The difference between local devices, devices on the edge of the IoT, and devices in the cloud
• How to prototype and what is needed to plan for scale
• What to consider when designing the prototype
• How to address the life-cycle activities of a connected device
Get your copy of “Connecting Networked Devices: Prototyping and Scaling IoT in the Enterprise”.